Sunday 19 October 2014

Star fire











Today,

yesterday,

a week that was.

Season change ~

colder nights

breath on the air

and taking out an old,

weathered copy of Wuthering Heights.

It seems right.

Long hot soaks 
in the bath.

The little luxuries of life.

Your kiss so small
and your touch so warm.

Imagined owl song ,
that  light I love
at dusk
when candles glow
in the room
and street lamps
light
with a strange, hopeful warmth.

I can smell Christmas.
The windows are filling up with sparkle.

Looking towards the sky

I reach my outstretched fingers
and hope to catch

the 

star fire.

Today,

yesterday,

before

the leaves had fallen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...