Sunday 5 October 2014

The distant sea



Lying in bed

surrounded by books

half read

and listening to

the faraway sound

of someone,

going somewhere;

on a moped.

I love that sound so much.

These last few,

lazy days

before returning to work on Monday.

Reality bites.

Someone told me yesterday

I never get a break.


This is why
I spend a lot of my time
dreaming
taking photos ~
singing songs
quietly,
in my heart.

Refusing to take off

my rose tinted glasses

I dream of waking

on  a warm sun soaked hillside

looking down

on a world

for which

I

have

no

words

and far beyond

the distant sea

shining

white


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...