Sunday 26 October 2014

Colour me in





Shall we colour this day

with love?

The love I felt in Church yesterday

and 

the quiet feeling of joy

when I waken

to the creaminess of these October mornings.

In my little room of thought

I travel all around the world

places I've been, 

scents that I've smelled.

What a treasure chest the mind is,

an artist's palette

painting and colouring new beauty~

every single day.

The sooty lines of the rooftops

at that time of dusk

when candles flicker 

and once again my heart fills

with gratitude to a loving God.

This endless universe of the stars

and the sky

all in my mind

colouring

colouring

colouring



* Based on Jack Kerouac's * The Lonesome Traveller *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...