Saturday 17 August 2013

Sing me a song of summer






In a thousand moments

I asked you  to sing me a song of summer

so I wouldn't have to let her go.

It brought back a nose full of freckles, you see.

Listening to James Taylor

on repeat and wondering

how come the 70's seemed like yesterday's heartbeat.

Today is a day

for a face free from makeup.

Lying on the top of our bed with a teacup of sunshine

spilling onto my legs through the attic window.

All the bloggers are starting to write about Fall.

Or Autumn,

if you like.

There's talk of baking with apples

and drinking pumpkin spiced lattes.

I don't want to let summer slip through my fingers just yet,

I want to dream and live in the moment

with the sun in my hair

knowing that my summer sister will stay.

Be still, my heart.

California in just 14 days.

And for the last berries of this wonderful summer

of twenty thirteen,

 quiet blessings  for you all.





3 comments:

  1. California, how exciting!

    I don't want to let go of the summer either. It's going by far too quickly, and after that long winter I'm making the most of the sunshine and warmth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've been well and truely spoilt compaired to last year. I don't want it to end either, don't like the dark nights and how cool its dropping in the twilight hours. In no time at all we'll be all wrapped up with spiced candles lighting the dim rooms :( Only thing I look forward to about winter is the cosy-ness and the christmas tree lights (Shh) I didn't really mention that word! H XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kathryn and H,
    we are so the summer girls, are we not? :)
    I'm sitting right now looking out the window at the inky darkness,
    and I can't bear to close the curtains as those nights will come soon enough!
    However, haven't we been blessed with the sunshine this year?
    And as you say H, we have twinkle lights and the spiced candles to look forward to :)
    Oh and H,
    thank you for still reading these words.
    After all these years!
    It means the world to me.
    Anna
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...