Monday 26 August 2013

Who knows?





Who knows if the moon's
a balloon,
coming out of a keen city
in the sky—
filled with pretty people?
and if you and I should 
get into it,
if they
should take me and take you 

into their balloon,

why then


we'd go up higher 


with all the pretty people
than houses and steeples and clouds:

go sailing



away and away sailing into a keen


city which nobody's ever visited,


where
always

it's

Summer and everyone's


in love 



and flowers pick themselves.




I absolutely love the words of e.e. cummings.


Off to CALIFORNIA this Saturday, will write as often as I can!

Have a dreamy week, dears. 

2 comments:

  1. Have an amazing time in California, my friend! I know how long you have been anticipating this BIG adventure. I love the words of Cummings too. And your words and pictures, but that's just stating the obvious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my darling one!
    How come you haven't written your blog for ages? * Sob* :(
    I miss your words!
    Ooh California!
    I am so looking forward to it. I've been working 13 hour shifts to save so I'm exhausted.
    Can't wait until Sat!
    We actually don't fly out until Sunday morning, so are kick starting the great adventure with a romantic night in Dublin :)
    Kathryn,
    thank you so much ( as ever )
    for loving my words and feeble photography.
    It means so so much.
    AML
    Anna
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...