Saturday 4 April 2015

The Name High over all








On and on we  drove

through the quiet April air

daffodils forming a bright

yellow guard of honour for us

as we went.

Blessed candles

at warm windows

on the way home,

the car full of toy Easter chicks
and mugs with printed chickens on them


The sky was cold
with a veil thrown over it

and I thought
of Jesus
lying still
in His tomb
waiting,
waiting,
to burst forth ~
bringing new life to us all.

We smiled at the green day
the newness of life

the church bells ringing
in the little church by the sea

And quietly , quietly

I whispered

thank you

to

The

Name

High

over

all


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...