Friday 27 March 2015

In the afternoon light







The birds sing their morning song

to the traffic

as I drive to work,

watching  the huddled masses

standing in the bus shelters

earphones in,

drowning out God's iTunes.

I wonder why.

These days are sprinkled

with the pink light of spring.

I can't get enough of music,

endless hours of Chopin~

Hans Zimmer, Beethoven

I could listen forever.

Music pours over me as I wipe a strand

of hair away from my face

when caring for an elderly patient~

I look at them

and wonder what songs of love

made their  heart skip a beat?

What a tender disease,

love is.

I think on these days flying by,

how I've felt like a violin string

pulled tight,

taut to the point of breaking.

But then..

The beauty returns

it comes in many shapes and forms

music

writing

knitting

Cherry blossom beginning to bloom,

it will fall like heavenly angel debris

from the singing sky.

And

I,

will

stop

to

watch

to listen










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...