Saturday 14 March 2015

Somewhere a star shines for me










Memories.

Like an orchestra

playing on repeat in my head.

The Californian sunsets.

Carmel and it's coffee houses.

The pier at Santa Monica.

Golden Gate Bridge at San Francisco .

Coffee  while watching a million stars at Yosemite National Park.

Driving the Big Sur while my

darling slept gently at my side.

Hearing the ocean break hundreds of feet

beneath me and praying to The Lord Jesus

that he would keep us safe until

we got home.

My son once said

* Mom, I've no idea how you drove that , all alone.*

Nor do I.

These memories, however.

Always, always with me.

Knowing that somewhere,

a

star

shines

for

me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...