Saturday 13 September 2014

When you give me the end of summer


















I tried,

I really did

to wear sky scraper heels

while on vacation.

For me, they didn't work.

Back to my mousey pumps.

I wanted to look glamorous as

NYC fashion week blazed

from the windows

all around me.

Women,

pencil thin

and bright burning cigarettes dangling

from the corner of their

lipstick stained lips

had  a world weary look in their eyes.

This is what must be like
living in a concrete jungle all the time
I thought.

Never seeing the ocean or

feeling the rush of the sea in your veins.


I walked,

oh I walked.

Through Central Park on and on

where the old men play chess

and little boy boats bob on the lake.


I wandered up the steps of The Met

and refused to pay 30 bucks to see famous paintings .

Art should be free.

I tried to ground myself

oh I tried, but without you the effort seemed futile.

It was too much.

So I danced inside my heart

and

gave

myself

to

the moon

instead

knowing

you

were

sleeping

under

it

too





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...