Wednesday 10 September 2014

Summer's sad song





Summer,

don't  sing your sad song

of leaving.

I don't want to hear

those chords just yet.

My face looks up to the September sun,

soaking in it's warmth

and memories of

the days just gone.

My youngest son's wedding,

sunrises and sunsets

that took the breath from my mouth.

Hot summer streets

ice cream cones

and sticky cotton candy.

Laughter carried away

by ocean mermaids

in their purses made from silk.

Down, down  they swim,

to the sandy bed

at the bottom of the sea

where they unfold my dreams .

This heart ,

wanting wanting all the time

needs

afternoon strolls

armfuls of flowers

my bike,

and

no sad song from summer

as

she

leaves


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...