Sunday 26 January 2014

A spark in the night



It's late

and yet ~ on the still air

the notes of my husband's flute are

drifting upstairs

like shooting stars.

We've had a blessed day,

full of laughter and love.

Sometimes I wish we lived in the country

so at night I could

( from the window )

see the shadowy figures of geese in flight

or hear the night time call

of an owl in the trees.

It's been a week of prayers,

long , deep.

I like talking to God

when the day is almost gone.

In this childlike ,

waiting heart

I think everyone

in the world is fast asleep

and He has only me to listen to.

When I tell my husband these things

he smiles at me,

that smile of understanding

that only he can give.

Green eyes full of the ocean that stole my heart away.

I'm listening to the fairy songs

of Singh Kaur.

Thinking it won't be long

until the Church bells start to ring.

Wondering what books I'll pore over

on this new Sabbath.

Thankful,

thankful heart

a

spark

in

the

night



3 comments:

  1. We had beautiful strains from a flute at church today when we were visited by some very talented musicians - family of one of our members who celebrated his 80th today. I love this post Anna. Every word and every image means so much, particularly what you wrote about the shadowy geese in flight and the owl in the trees. Thank you for sharing this, my friend, and touching my heart yet again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn my darling friend! You alone come here to encourage and uplift my writing heart. If I write for you alone, then my heart is happy that you love it! I'm following both your blogs every day, so glad all went well at the consultant led scan for Bob.
    You are the sweetest girl and in my heart always. Our friendship means the world to me.
    All my love
    Anna
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And me Anna :) Can you believe we've been friends for more than four years now? One of these days I will come and visit xxx

    ReplyDelete

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...