Saturday 17 February 2018

Solomon's Song 2:11







On the day the snow came

I realised that all of our days

had melted,

into one.

Or so it seemed.

I stood,

gazing  out at the hills

far away

as down the snowflakes fell ~

fat,

everyone different;

each one unique from the other.

My heart felt alone,

and strangely empty.


So much pain, so much suffering

so many angry, unnecessary words spoken.

At times I had to dissociate from

this present world,

from phrases like

* he might not survive this*
* he might not pull through *

To a place of safety

where the sky was bright like a mirror

and razor sharp with hope.

To sandy beaches

where the sea breeze caught  my hair,

smelled of salt

and star fished nets

and home.

Suddenly ,

the winter was over and gone

the spring flowers were singing like a choir

and I heard you say

Rise up my love,

my fair one;

and come away 

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful words and so full of love. You and A have been in my thoughts often. I think Spring is my favourite season. When I see the snowdrops and crocuses pushing through the cold hard earth I am filled with hope and joy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, as ever, thank you my friend xx

    ReplyDelete

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...