Tuesday 20 October 2015

On this October Day







The little girl
was walking home

her arms full of brightly
coloured balloons

her sunset hair glinting
in the afternoon sun.

This vision filled my heart with happy
Autumn thoughts

of

days
when the streets are frosted
with glistening diamonds

and my breath makes tunnels
of air as I speak.

Dreams will  come easily then
of snowbound farms
and
blood red holly berries
staining the sky .

The late sun clouds
are leaving now

as a flutter of yellow
and a flash of red falls past
my window

a leaf, falling to the ground

but in my heart

those

bright

balloons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...