Monday 7 September 2015

This Golden September





The car carried us into town

where the leaves,

like old friends ~

fought for  attention
around our feet.

Not long now
until the adventure begins.

The days grow shorter
light disappears
like sugar in tea.

My imagination is keeping me sane

words,

my mind allows

escape to peaceful places.

Out the door

and down to the beach I go.

I sit on the stones

gazing out at the sea

tasting the salt on my lips and skin.


This golden September

good enough to eat.

Every turn in the road of our lives

brings a new worry, a new concern.

I find comfort

in writing, books;

and endless cups of coffee.

I still breathe.

I am.

Resting in His love,

it is enough.




 : You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow, 
Say this: "God, you're my refuge. I trust in you and I'm safe!" 
That's right - he rescues you from hidden traps, shields you from deadly hazards.
 His huge outstretched arms protect you - under them you're perfectly safe; his arms fend off all harm. :

Psalm 91, The Message 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...