Sunday 10 May 2015

Like falling ribbons





Pink and white blossom

floating down

like falling ribbons ~

This is the merry month of May

and I've been thinking

so much ,

of so much.

Does that make sense to you?

To me?

My sweet friend Kathryn's little boy's
first birthday
and our grandson's in a few weeks time.

The celebration of VE day

services and memories of those

who didn't make it home.

How quickly the years go by
like paper aeroplanes
thrown into the centuries ~
how quickly they fall to the ground.

As I look out the kitchen window,
the clouds are marching across the sky

and I can hear a choir, singing,
remembering,
from Westminster Abbey.

I'm thankful
for life
for love ~
 and new beginnings.

I'll watch on,
look out at the changeless hills

think of much,

of the fallen

those here;

and

those

to

come



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...