Sunday 17 May 2015

3:30 am ( ish )








[ Header note ]

I lay awake

last night at 3:30 am ( ish )

wondering if I should write.

Soon,

sleep.

Oh,

the love I have for that quiet time

between night and morning

when all around are asleep

and Heaven is ready to shake off

her dress of silver stars

to herald a new dawn.

The occasional sound

of a car going somewhere

and the soft sound of the wind.

Then,

Chopin~  because nothing else

will do at that hour .

Let's turn our soft faces southward

to Cornwall in September

windmills

brightly coloured buckets and spades

chips from a paper bag.

All the while

looking out

to the laughing crystal sea.

Out to the tranquil bay we will go

and what of those

3:30 am ( ish ) thoughts then?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...