Sunday 7 April 2019

April








And so,

April walked silently
into the room.

On Friday
I came home emotionally drained
from dealing with death,
and patients getting
awful life changing news..
one lady in particular,
her face ~
seared into my memory

Then I imagined the work
we nurses do,
sometimes like angels
giving a loving touch
just to reassure that
all, hopefully~
will be well.

We pause from our note taking.
endless ward rounds ~
procedures and charts
and  look out the window
where hope lives,
and breathes.

Once again,
my heart overflows with gratitude
for those angels who saved my husband
from an early death,
and I count my blessings
one,
by
one.



My cup,

it runneth over.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...