Sunday 11 June 2017

Where time went








Summer ,

driving while
watching all the pretty dresses
flutter in the breeze

armfuls of fresh flowers
and the smell of coffee
from the outdoor cafes

it's dreaming of blue skies
and golden sand

castles with little flags atop
seagulls screeching
for your food

suddenly
you remember a summer in the seventies
when you wore flares and tie dye tees

and all you listened to on the radio
were the songs of Simon and Garfunkel

in

one

instant

you

wonder

were

time

went


2 comments:

  1. You've got to love a bit of Simon and Garfunkel. Listening to their music makes me feel so happy. And like you, I often wonder where the time went, particularly when I watch my children growing up before my eyes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little one !
    I've just caught up with your travels.
    I love that you are now practically a breath away.
    AML ,
    A xx

    ReplyDelete

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...