Saturday 20 February 2016

Occupation, shop assistant










I stared at the patient's chart.

Just after another patient had hurt me.

Badly.

I have the bruises to prove it.


Occupation, shop assistant.

Day
after day
we care
we give
to every occupation ~
every walk of life.

And sometimes,
whatever the occupation,
they hurt us.

So when weekend comes
and a drive into the country to see our son
becomes a haven of
wonderful soup and homemade bread
smiles and hugs
and the mystery of
squeezing all that beauty
into words~

the vapour trails
of planes flying through
the first blue sky
of the week~

choral music ,
coffee and croissants
red lipstick that everyone said I suited..
white bells of snowdrops
and crocuses
bursting through with soft green spears

oh~ the mystery.

Occupation, Nurse.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...