Wednesday 23 December 2015

December 23rd 2015









Crowds everywhere
as if the world might end
because the shops are closed,
for one day.

All of us during this season
turning into some sort of Magi

bringing our  gifts,
whatever they may be.

The cathedral in my heart 
is full of music
and my mind soars away, 
away over the chimney pots
with wisps of spiralling smoke
to escape the 
human wave , 
heavy with parcels.

Why don't they stop, 
I think ~ 
just for one minute
to sniff the smell of mandarins
and  cloves 

to look beyond 
and find that

He who comes is a beautiful mystery.

Through the dark mist 
of many mornings 

look..

see the silent shape
wrapped in a shawl

who,
looking upward ~

sees it there.

A star.




~::~  Have a blessed Christmas , everyone. 
To all the silent souls who come here and read my faltering words, 
I appreciate it :) .
And to the one who always comments, 
thank you. 
( You know who you are :)

But most of all,

To * The One*

who loved us enough
to come to earth for us


My heart , is always yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...