Tuesday 18 August 2015

These little things







I've wakened early.

Dawn is spilling in through

the attic window

and

far away I  can hear the sounds

of circling seagulls.

Sea birds that come to town.
That fact always amazed me.

Like they are taking a vacation from the sea!

Nearer,
the sounds of lorries ,
cars~
and a world waking to
a brand new day.

A day when all over the world
coffee will  be drunk
washing will be hung out
like dancing ribbons on lines

people will get on planes,
to come,
to go.

How big this world !

Soon ~
we will go to the rugged Cornish Coast
where the sky will hang
( we hope)
like a turquoise sheet.

Daphne Du Maurier
will rest in my palm
and her words
will fill my soul.

These little things,

of life



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...