Friday 2 January 2015

Take this day



I'm lying here

and it's late ~

oh so late.

I'm looking out the attic window
at a moon that's as bright
as a yellow button.

Someone told me once,
that Japanese people think there is
a rabbit on the moon.

Tonight,
I can see it.

Christmas.
Past.

All those December days
that came with such stealth
and then left.

Like a whisper in the trees.

Our twinkle lights still blink out
their little messages of hope
into the dark days.

On my player,
The little Drummer Boy.

Because I can't let Christmas go.
Even though it's January 2nd.

Take this day.
Keep it in your heart.

Forever.


( Tilt your head to the right, and see? The rabbit is there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...