Saturday 13 December 2014

A kiss from Winter









The fields and lonely streets

are covered in crackle frost.

Red berries hang low

on the holly tree

and a beautiful orange glaze graces

the morning sky.

My Christmas cakes are ready

and later today

I'll fill the house with the scents

of mixed spices, again.

In those cakes

lie a  banquet of memories

from the heart of

Christmases past,

those yet to come.

The babies born this year,

beaming smiles and fat dimpled little fingers

that bring such joy.

Christmas.

A red poinsettia in the window.

Twinkle lights on every tree

the lighting of the red candle

at dusk every night.

Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...