Sunday 16 March 2014

Wind and sea











It was that kind of wonderful.

A hotel full of pearl chokered ladies ~

and the landscape frosty with diamond sea drops.

The pearly morning mist rolled over

the sea wearing a dress of melancolic beauty.

Dawn sung her song to us

with eyes full of hope

and longing

while her breath shuddered in the

waiting trees.

A church bell rang out

calling the faithful to prayer

as I put my hand to my face to shield the burning day.

I dreamed of an old,

dead sea captain

and a mermaid with sea salt on her lips.

I imagined that captain down there

with whale ribs turning his ocean's final resting place

into a cathedral of sorts

( only Jonah would know )

I wondered,

did you  dream of icebergs,

floating like sugar cubes that refused to melt into your milky tea?

The sun covered the sea with glitter

and in that moment

my

heart

linked

with

yours

as

I

thought

of

only

you




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...