Sunday 2 March 2014

Twisted in your sheets









Yesterday was sprinkled with

daytime sun

and a sharp bite in the  air.

I wish I could say that February

was the quiet little month

that I always know it to be,

but in fact;

it was the opposite.

Full of tense,

hurtful moments and fractures.

One of them being my heart.

We go on though, don't we?

When I think of storms

I always remind myself of what some others

have to deal with daily,

and am humbled.

March.

In like a lion,

out like a lamb.

That's an old saying my dad taught me way back.

I'm listening to the rain on the attic window now.

Grateful for that part of the sky that I see through it.

Loving that I've watched baby blue skies

and the dimming stars through it for nine years now.

Weathered the storms.

Basked in it's warmth.

Love songs,

sung in silence.

Twisted in your sheets.

This,

this

is all I need.

Hopefully

no more long days

ringing

in

longer

nights.

Come, lamb, come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty misty stars

A sound of birds singing

 It's early.  And almost a year since I was here. I hear a sound of birds singing  outside my window and a dog barking down the street. ...